Omnis Data Usage
About Omnis Data
Omnis Data is an established UK based company providing consumer data and insights to assist organisations in making smarter decisions to engage with consumers.
We assist our partners to provide the most accurate offers and communications via direct mail, telephone and email, through using our data, cleansing routines and in-house technology platform. Our aim is to put the right offer in-front of the right consumer using the right channel of communication.
Omnis are members of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) and we are a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – Registration Number ZA127438.
Omnis are a responsible marketing services business and trusted by many of the UK’s most recognisable brands. We deliver data driven solutions to assist consumers with products and services that include; finance, insurance, travel, automotive, property, utilities, telecommunications, legal services, leisure activities, retail offers and consumer products.
How it works
The modern world is driven by information and at Omnis we strive to collect and process your information with the care and attention it deserves.
We source, collate and manage this information and supply selected information to the reputable companies we have chosen to work with.
We receive this information from data contributors, all of which comply with data protection legislation and are registered with the ICO.
Data contributors are organizations who collect your information for marketing purposes and share this data with us when you sign up with them and tick the relevant boxes or a legitimate interest has been established to share the data. Data is collected from various sources including:
- Online competitions and offers
- Subscriptions and publications
- Online surveys
- The Open Register (previously known as The Edited Electoral Roll)
- Open Government Data (including postcode level UK Census information and property transactions)
What types of consumer information do we work with?
The personal information we hold falls into three categories:
- Data from which you can be personally identified, such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers or email addresses.
- Information that does not identify you personally but categorises you into groups or sectors, such as demographic information including age group, gender, marital status and the number of people in your household.
- Information about your way of life, your interests and similar anonymous information that does not identify you personally.
- Marital status
- Head of household (derived)
- Type of car
- Property type
- Property ownership
- Property value
- Energy efficiency
- Utility provider
- Household income (derived)
- Household composition (derived)
Lifestyle and Interests
- Travel preferences
- Sporting interests
- Online behaviours
- Shopping patterns
- IP Address
- Mobile device
- Postcode level census data
- Postcode statistics
What information do we not hold?
We do not hold sensitive information about you such as:
- Financial data
- Credit scores
- Health information
- Political preferences
- Religious preferences
- Sexual preferences
- Data relating to children.
We do not intentionally obtain or process data relating to children. We and our data partners take all reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data we hold only relates to individuals aged 18+ and this is reflected in any terms and conditions where data is collected.
At Omnis we take great care in collecting and processing consumer information. We only work with businesses that meet our stringent criteria for both data collection and marketing purposes, and we only ever work with data contributors and clients that operate within UK Data Protection Law and are registered with the ICO.
We take every reasonable step to ensure compliance with UK Data Protection Law and this includes ensuring that the data we hold is:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Not processed in a manner that is incompatible with what it was collected for.
- Kept accurate, relevant and up to date.
- Only retained for as long as it is necessary for the purposes it was collected for.
- Kept securely by ensuring we have appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep data confidential.
We process data under the following lawful basis’:
- Consent: the consumer has consented to receiving marketing communications via a specified communication channel for compatible product and services.
Example: We work with a car warranty provider and select an audience of consumers who drive a car that is out of the manufacturer’s warranty and have consented to be contacted by telephone. The consumer is often unaware that they can have additional car warranty and therefore purchase this product for added peace of mind. During the period that we have worked with this organization they have paid out well over £3m in claims to the consumer.
- Legitimate Interest: there is a legitimate interest for ourselves and our clients in processing data to provide products and services to consumers through marketing campaigns. On a case by case basis a balancing test is performed to ensure that we balance the potential impact on the consumer and their rights of processing data with the interests of ourselves and our clients.
Example: Our client works with a gastro pub chain that is opening a pub near you. We select postal audience of individuals within the proximity of the new pub, aged between 18 and 65 who like eating out. The gastro pub owner will then contact the individuals by post to see if they would be interested in visiting their establishment and benefit from an opening offer.
- Legal Obligation: we may need to process data to fulfil legal requirements.
Example: We process data for a subject access request or.to suppress data.
- Performance of a Contract: we may need to process personal data to fulfil a contractual obligation.
The personal information that we receive from data contributors may be shared with our clients and partners. Both us and our partners will only use your information:
- to send you relevant marketing communications with information about the products and services we offer.
- to verify and enhance customer and marketing databases.
- to improve relevance through market research, analysis, segmentation and profiling.
- to unsubscribe you from marketing databases.
We may also use data processors that are third parties to provide operational services for us. We have contracts to ensure they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it, they will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us and they will hold the data securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
These operational service providers include:
Postal Print and Fulfilment
- Send DM Ltd., Unit 1, Aldridge Fields Business Park, Middlemore Lane West, Aldridge, West Midlands, WS9 8AE
Email Broadcasting Services
- Display Block Ltd., Chilterns House, 64 High Street, Eton Place, Burnham, Berkshire, SL1 7JT
- Sonocle Ltd., 26-28 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7BA
We regularly cleanse our data records to ensure we remove any information that is inaccurate or out of date. We utilise industry standard suppression files such as the TPS (telephone preference service), MPS (mail preference service), deceased registers and gone away suppression lists.
Depending on what personal information we and our clients hold about you, you may be contacted via a variety of methods. This includes via post, email, on social media, using online advertising and giving you a call on your landline or mobile phone.
We always try to ensure that the right information is matched to the right offers.
You may be contacted by our clients about products or services in one or more of the following sectors;
- Automotive – car dealerships and manufacturers
- Careers and Education – job opportunities, college course details
- Charity – volunteering, events
- Entertainment and Leisure – sporting events, local activities
- FMCG – supermarkets, pharmacies
- Finance – bank accounts, credit cards, loans, mortgages, investments, pensions and savings
- Insurance – car warranties, home insurance, life insurance, pet insurance, private medical insurance, travel insurance, vehicle insurance
- Legal Services – PPI claims, will writing
- Lifestyle – health and beauty, fitness
- Marketing and Surveys – market research, consumer surveys
- Public Sector – local information and services
- Publishing and Media – TV services, magazine subscriptions
- Property – home improvements, estate agencies
- Retail – clothing and fashion, food and drink, home furnishings, online retail
- Telecoms – broadband and internet services, mobile phone contracts
- Travel – airlines, holidays, hotels, travel bookings
- Utilities – electricity and gas providers, solar power, water suppliers, energy saving solutions
A selection of the brands we partner with are listed below. For a full list of brands and sectors click here.
Long established award winning broadband provider.
Offering the most current technology and offers in the market place.
The protection and privacy of your personal information is as important to us as it is to you, after all we are consumers ourselves. Security is a priority with our networks hosted on secure servers based in the European Economic Area (EEA), utilising encryption technologies to keep your information safe.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a range of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. We store your personal information on secure servers with limited access located in UK based data centres that are ISO 27001 certified and PCI compliant.
As some of our clients operate outside the European Economic Area (EEA), your personal information may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or partners. We will only transfer personal data outside the EEA once appropriate contractual and transfer mechanisms are in place.
We are also currently undergoing DataSeal accreditation. DataSeal is the only recognised standard for information security management systems other than ISO 27001. This accreditation ensures consumers and clients that we have the right information security measures in place when it comes to protecting our data.
Your right to opt out
You can opt out of targeted marketing at any time and there are a range of options available to you.
You can opt out from Omnis at anytime by requesting removal of your contact details at https://omnisdata.co.uk/remove-my-details/.
Following suppression of your details, Omnis will remove your details within five working days. Our clients receive weekly suppression files and are contractually obliged to apply these suppressions. As some campaigns may already be processed marketing should stop within a maximum period of 28 days for electronic/telephone communications and two months for postal communications.
Postal Marketing – You can opt out of postal marketing by registering with the Mail Preference Service (MPS) at http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/. This is an industry wide service that is administered by the Direct Marketing Association and recognised by the Information Commissioner.
Telephone Marketing – You can opt out of all telemarketing activity by registering details with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) at http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/. This is an industry wide service administered by the Information Commissioner.
Email Marketing – Unlike Postal or Telephone channels, there is no industry-wide service to opt out of email marketing. Consumers should always review privacy policies and marketing opt-in check boxes when registering for services or purchasing products online. Where unwanted email marketing is received, consumers should unsubscribe or use email filters to prevent future communications.
Your right to be erased
You can request the total erasure of your details from our database including data used for suppression only. We have processes in place to service this requirement and use anonymised processes to prevent further inclusion.
Your right to request amendments and corrections
You can request that we amend or correct any information that we hold about you and change your contact preferences at any time.
Your right to request the information we hold about you
You may wish to know all the information we hold about you. Please contact our Data Protection Officer for any such request.
Omnis Data Limited,
Telephone: 01422 303110
As you would expect we are required ask you for proof of identity to process information requests.
In addition, you have the right to complain to the ICO by visiting their website at http://ico.org.uk/, or by telephoning 0303 123 1113, or by post at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Questions, comments and requests are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.